Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASPNETDB Problem - Unable to connect to SQL Server database (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t769594-aspnetdb-problem-unable-to-connect-to-sql-server-database.html)

ZZ_Scarab 08-17-2007 12:57 AM

ASPNETDB Problem - Unable to connect to SQL Server database

Hi,

I tried using the ASP.Net Web Site Administration Tool to setup security for
a web site I'm creating using VS 2005 C#. When clicking on the Security tab,
I get the error message: "Unable to connect to SQL Server database". I then
created the ASPNETDB database with the ASPNET_REGSQL utility in the
Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727 and can now see the database in
SQL Server Management Studio (I'm running SQL Server 2005). I tried the Web
Site Administration Tool and got the same error. It is interesting that the
tool does not ask for the server name or the database. Is it getting this
info from some setting setup by the ASPNET_REGSQL utility when creating the
ASPNETDB database?

I have no problems connecting from my application or VS proper to the
database, only from the Web Site Administration Tool. What am I missing?

Thanks for any pointers.

ZZ_Scarab 08-17-2007 07:56 PM

Re: ASPNETDB Problem - Unable to connect to SQL Server database

ravish 01-05-2011 03:45 AM

Re: Re: ASPNETDB Problem - Unable to connect to SQL Server database

even i have the same problem....can u tell me how to create ASPNETDB db....is there anythng special in it???

and did u find any solution so far??