Velocity Reviews

-   -   Authorization_Request event in Global.asax (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t768965-authorization_request-event-in-global-asax.html)

Chris Davoli 09-16-2006 01:36 AM

Authorization_Request event in Global.asax

If I mix classic asp pages into a .Net ptoject, and I need the
Authorization_request event in the gloabal.asax to fire (implementing LDAP
security), will the Authorization_request event fire for the classic ASP page?

--
Chris Davoli

Dominick Baier 09-16-2006 03:33 PM

Re: Authorization_Request event in Global.asax

Hi,

this is not true (at all).

have a look at this post:

http://www.leastprivilege.com/Protec...hASPNET20.aspx

Essentially you do a wildcard mapping in IIS6 to the aspnet_isapi and all
requests go through the asp.net pipeline. Feel free to ask after reading
the post.

---
Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) 09-16-2006 04:26 PM

Re: Authorization_Request event in Global.asax

NADA. Not at all.

You will have to code this info into the ASP pages.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA