Velocity Reviews

-   -   importing public key from X509 certificate (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t768948-importing-public-key-from-x509-certificate.html)

kodurradhika@gmail.com 09-11-2006 02:56 AM

importing public key from X509 certificate

Hello,

I wanted some help for "How to import public key from X509 certificate
and encrypt it with an XML token". X509 class in ASP.NET 1.1 isnt much
help or maybe i am missing something here . I wanted to know if someone
has details about how to go about this.I m planning to use RSA crypyto
service provider and i dont know how to connect RSA cryptoservice
provider and X509 certificate.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Radhika

Dominick Baier 09-13-2006 09:20 AM

Re: importing public key from X509 certificate

In .NET 1.1 there is no connection between RSA and certificates. You have
to use CAPICOM.

In .NET 2.0 you can use the X509Certificate2 class.

---
Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com