Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   ASP .Net Security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f62-asp-net-security.html)
-   -   How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t768288-how-to-manage-users-on-deployed-web-server-net-2-0-a.html)

Donald Adams 02-13-2006 07:50 AM

How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0)
 
Hi,

The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles and
Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I access the
web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that worked.

Thanks in advance,

Donald



Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] 02-13-2006 08:11 AM

Re: How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0)
 
Hi,

you can't. This feature was pulled from the final release - i heard that
their will be a toolkit available at some point, but mainly targeted at ISPs.

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Hi,
>
> The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles and
> Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I access
> the web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that worked.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Donald
>




Donald Adams 02-14-2006 02:45 AM

Re: How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0)
 
Thanks for the reply.

Any open source solutions available that one could use? Seems strange to
release a partial solution, user register then devs. have to pull the
database back to the dev. machine in order to assign roles and access
rights. I'd be happy with even an ugly (useful) web admin tool, rather than
to pull the database file off a live system.

,,,
Donald.

"Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]" <dbaier@pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com>
wrote in message news:4580be631968be8c7fe94aa71b010@news.microsoft. com...
> Hi,
> you can't. This feature was pulled from the final release - i heard that
> their will be a toolkit available at some point, but mainly targeted at
> ISPs.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles and
>> Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I access
>> the web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that worked.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Donald
>>

>
>




Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] 02-14-2006 07:25 AM

Re: How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0)
 
Hi,

well - it is quite easy to do that on your own - the admin GUI primarily
uses the built-in security controls - yeah - there is some more work involved
- but not that much...



---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Any open source solutions available that one could use? Seems strange
> to release a partial solution, user register then devs. have to pull
> the database back to the dev. machine in order to assign roles and
> access rights. I'd be happy with even an ugly (useful) web admin
> tool, rather than to pull the database file off a live system.
>
> ,,,
> Donald.
> "Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]"
> <dbaier@pleasepleasenospamdevelop.com> wrote in message
> news:4580be631968be8c7fe94aa71b010@news.microsoft. com...
>
>> Hi,
>> you can't. This feature was pulled from the final release - i heard
>> that
>> their will be a toolkit available at some point, but mainly targeted
>> at
>> ISPs.
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
>> http://www.leastprivilege.com
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles
>>> and Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I
>>> access the web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that
>>> worked.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Donald
>>>





All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.