Velocity Reviews

-   -   Calling a Decrypt function within a class from a Data Binding expr (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t768096-calling-a-decrypt-function-within-a-class-from-a-data-binding-expr.html)

kfrost 12-16-2005 02:05 AM

Calling a Decrypt function within a class from a Data Binding expr

Hello,

(First off this in a hosted environment which I can export a key generated
by aspnet_regiis so I'm resorting to this.)

I have a class named crypto which contains a function called Decrypt. My
code before I encrypted my connectionString was as follows:

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceSQLB1" runat="server"
ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:dbConnectionString %>)"
OnSelecting="SqlDataSourceSQLB1_Selecting" SelectCommand="SELECT
[Description], [NavigateUrl], [id] FROM [NSV_Web_WhatsNew]">
</asp:SqlDataSource>

I need to take the what ConnectionStrings:dbConnectionString returns above
and pass it to Crypto.Decrypt()

I know this isn't correct but something like:
ConnectionString = <%#Crypto.Decrypt(<%$ConnectionStrings:dbConnectio nString
$>) %>

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks.

--
kris@n-sv.com.<Remove This Before Emailing>

Network & Software Integration
www.n-sv.com

"Helping put the pieces of your IT puzzle together"