Velocity Reviews

-   -   No reponse to posts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t767984-no-reponse-to-posts.html)

Patrick Allmond - Focus Consulting Inc 11-07-2005 11:03 PM

No reponse to posts

What do I do if my guaranteed 2 day response time for a managed newsgroup
has come and gone?

Patrick Allmond

[MSFT] 11-08-2005 01:53 AM

RE: No reponse to posts

Hello Patrick,

Would you please let me know the message you post but not got response? I
will check it to see what happened. This usually happened when a invalid
email alias was used.

Luke

Patrick Allmond - Focus Consulting Inc 11-08-2005 03:47 PM

Re: No reponse to posts

Look in this newsgroup for the previous post from me "Patrick Allmond" -
Problem using Azman roles.

I was pretty sure I used the temp email address I was given in my MSDN
subscription.

Patrick

[MSFT] 11-09-2005 02:55 AM

Re: No reponse to posts

Hello Patrick,

I found you posted the previous message with
"PatrickAllmond@discussions.microsoft.com" which is a invalid no-spam
alias. Your post did not get "flagged" as an MSDN Managed customer. This
may be due to the fact that under your web news profile you have selected
"Use a false address we generate for you". This choice creates an email
alias for non-MSDN subscribers and is why you have not received a response
to your questions. The web news profile can be found as the icon at the
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed site at the top, next to the
<SIGN OUT> button. If you have previously registered for a no-spam alias,
please put the correct one in the field.

To configure the web-based profile:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscripti...ult.aspx#webba
sed

Luke

Patrick Allmond - Focus Consulting Inc 11-09-2005 04:58 PM

Re: No reponse to posts

Thanks. I am looking in my MS profile now and cannot see where the nospam
address is that MS generated for me. I must have found it at one time
because it is here in OE.

I just reposted using my newsgroup reader instead. Was that one picked up?

[MSFT] 11-10-2005 03:19 AM

Re: No reponse to posts

Yes, I have found your new post and reply today.
"patrickOKC@community.nospam" is a valid email alias and you can use it is
OE or other email client.

Luke