Velocity Reviews

-   -   Registering SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 with ASP .Net 2.0 Beta 2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t767677-registering-sql-server-2005-beta-2-with-asp-net-2-0-beta-2-a.html)

Pavan 07-12-2005 08:56 PM

Registering SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 with ASP .Net 2.0 Beta 2

Hi All,

I am using SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 version (NOT SQL SERVER EXPRESS EDITION)
in my system named 'MySys'.

I am developing a web application, in which i am using Membership services
for storing my user's credentials.

Now Have i to register SQL Server 2005 with ASP .Net, because, ASP.Net is
working properly with SQL Server Express edition and is not working with Sql
Server 2005.

Please tell me you have some idea in this.

Thank you for your responses

--
Cheers,

Pavan

Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET] 07-14-2005 10:43 AM

Re: Registering SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 with ASP .Net 2.0 Beta 2

Use the ASPNET_REGSQL.exe tool and it will allow you to specify a database,
in which it will create the appropriate tables/sprocs required for
membership/profile type services.

Can't remember the exact location of that tool off the top of my head but
search for it in the directories where .Net V2 is installed.

If you run the tool (no cmd line arguments) you will get a nice GUI to step
you through.
--
- Paul Glavich
MVP ASP.NET