Velocity Reviews

-   -   To grant access to a protected directory use " impersonate" or " LogonUser"? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t767568-to-grant-access-to-a-protected-directory-use-impersonate-or-logonuser.html)

Johannes Hammersen 06-10-2005 03:26 PM

To grant access to a protected directory use " impersonate" or " LogonUser"?

Hi there,

I have a page that needs to grant the user access to a protected sub dir, if
a certain condition is true. The Sub dir is protected through windows
security. So I need to change the users account to one that has permission
to that folder. By searching the web I found " impersonate" and "
LogonUser". I can't figure out which one I would need to use. I can't
display a login screen to the webuser, because he does not know the account
I'm having to use to login.

Thanks for any help.
Johannes

Dave F. 06-12-2005 02:27 AM

Re: To grant access to a protected directory use " impersonate" or " LogonUser"?

Johannes,

I think you need to use impersonate. You need to create a user account and
give it the required permissions the that folder.

Here is some good information on just how to get the job done.
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Sec_Run_ASPNET_WP.asp