Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error while trying to debug (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t767264-error-while-trying-to-debug.html)

Guest 03-17-2005 07:05 PM

Error while trying to debug

Hello,

When I was trying to open one of my ASP projects somewhere else, I got the following error message:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged.

They suggest to click the Help button. When I do that I get a lot of text:

If you are trying to debug an ASP.NET project
Check to see that the project has a valid Web.config file, that the Web.config file sets "debug" to true, and that the debug verb is associated with .aspx. See Debug Mode in ASP.NET Applications for more information.

When I open the web.config file with browser, I get following error message:
Server Error in '/ASP2TIAa' Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 40: <identity impersonate="true" />
Line 41:

Source File: E:\ASP\project\web.config Line: 39

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Can someone help me with this?

I've got another question to. Since I'm dutch my english isn't so good. Can someone explain to me what this means?

debug verb is associated with .aspx

thx

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)

Jason Bentley 03-18-2005 12:37 AM

Re: Error while trying to debug

To start, you need to open IIS Manager, right click on the folder
containing your project, and click properties. On the directory tab,
click the create button. If that solves the 2nd half, it will make the
1st half a lot easier.

Jason Bentley
http://geekswithblogs.net/jbentley

Jason Bentley 03-21-2005 11:33 AM