Velocity Reviews

-   -   AzMan and ASP.Net (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t767260-azman-and-asp-net.html)

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] 03-17-2005 06:30 AM

AzMan and ASP.Net

at least with the xml store - you prolly have to adjust the READER or ADMIN role -

go to azman.msc -> store properties -> security

---
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security/<uVbK2UoKFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>

I have been able to use AzMan from the Enterprise Library in a Windows Form
app. However, I'm having difficulty with security settings when doing the
same thing in ASP.Net. I have tried using both stores in Xml and ADAM (this
is preferred). However, I cannot find the settings I need to change to make
this work.

Is there anyone else who has been able to get ASP.Net and AzMan working?

Here are some of the settings I've used and the COM Exceptions that I'm
getting. All of the examples work in Windows Forms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy Miller

Web Settings:
Web.Config Authentication Mode: Windows
IIS WebSite Security: Authenticated

Test 1:
- XML Store - C:\securityTestStore.xml
- IIS Security: Authenticated Only
- .net Machine.Config Process Model: SYSTEM or machine(ASPNET)
- Xml File Rights:
[mydomain]\[myaccount] - Full
Result: Access is Denied

Test 2:
- XML Store - C:\securityTestStore.xml
- IIS Security: Authenticated Only
- .net Machine.Config Process Model: SYSTEM
- Xml File Rights:
[mydomain]\[myaccount] - Full
SYSTEM - FULL
Result: Parameter is incorrect

Test 3:
- ADAM Store -
msldap://localhost/CN=AppStore,CN=Security,DC=SALKEIZ,DC=K12,DC=ORG
- IIS Security: Authenticated Only
- .net Machine.Config Process Model: SYSTEM
- Xml Store File Rights:
[mydomain]\[myaccount] - Reader, Delegated
Result: System cannot find the file specified

[microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security]