Velocity Reviews

-   -   Question on GenerateIV and GenerateKey (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t767204-question-on-generateiv-and-generatekey.html)

Greg 03-03-2005 10:37 PM

Question on GenerateIV and GenerateKey

When a PC executes GenerateIV or GenerateKey, is the key and IV automatically
stored somewhere on the PC or is one out of luck if they don't manually store
the key and IV in order to decrypt any document that was encrypted using the
key and IV?

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor] 03-04-2005 08:56 AM

Re: Question on GenerateIV and GenerateKey

Hello Greg,

you have to store the IV and Key yourself, e.g. you can prepend the IV to
the data you are encrypting (as it is no secret).

i have a sample up on my blog - check it out.
http://www.leastprivilege.com/PermaL...f-eb06ab317075

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor