Velocity Reviews

-   -   private/public sub? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t766797-private-public-sub.html)

rom 11-09-2004 11:17 AM

private/public sub?

I have the following like in an asp.net application in the
vb.net codebehind page:

Compiler Error Message: BC30390: 'Care.Search.Private Sub
saveFatherGroup_ServerClick(sender As Object, e As
System.EventArgs)' is not accessible in this context
because it is 'Private'.

The problem is that the sub is PUBLIC! here it is as I
copied it from the vb.net page:
Public Sub saveFatherGroup_ServerClick(ByVal sender As
System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

Any ideas???

rom 11-09-2004 11:37 AM

other problem!

I read on the web that the problem might be that the name
of the function is already taken by another namespace so I
changed it and now it's ok. Not I get an error that a
function I'm using was not declared. the problem is that
it is declared, it is public, and I tried several names...

Thanks!