Velocity Reviews

-   -   Security Exception (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t766285-security-exception.html)

Jeff Cochran 07-06-2004 08:40 PM

Re: Security Exception

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:56:52 GMT, "jamie" <jamie.jones@virgin.net>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using ODP.Net.
>The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without issue.
>
>When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve the
>following error:
> System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded permission
>set object.
>
>The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
>application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
>
>Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Jamie.
>
>PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
>urgently

It's not an IIS issue. Try annoying just the other five groups for
your answer.

Jeff

Niall Litchfield 07-07-2004 07:55 AM

Re: Security Exception

"Jeff Cochran" <jeff.nospam@zina.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:56:52 GMT, "jamie" <jamie.jones@virgin.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using

ODP.Net.
> >The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without

issue.

> >When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve

the
> >following error:
> > System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded

permission
> >set object.
> >
> >The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
> >application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
> >
> >Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Jamie.
> >
> >PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
> >urgently

> It's not an IIS issue. Try annoying just the other five groups for
> your answer.

The code that throws the exception would have helped....

It *may* be an IIS issue - sort of - in that the anonymous accounts
iuser_machine and iwam_machine need to have read/execute access to the
Oracle home directory, which they won't do by default with a 9i (or higher)
client. If it isn't that wild stab in the dark then try posting some code,
and I'd suggest limiting the crossposts to just the aspnet and perhaps the
oracle.misc groups.

Cheers

--
Niall Litchfield