Velocity Reviews

-   -   Http error 413->request entity too large (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t766250-http-error-413-request-entity-too-large.html)

Darie Florin 06-26-2004 10:51 AM

Http error 413->request entity too large

I have a webservice under IIS6/Win2003 Server. When I try to invoke a method
that have a strong type dataset as parameter for update in database I
receive on the client the follwing error: Http error 413 request entity is
too large.
I mention that this dataset is very large (about 1 Mb) and if the client
is on the same machine where the server is running the code is executed
succesfully. If I call the same method with a small dataset (about 256 Kb)
the method is excuted succesfully.
I checked the settings in machine.config file and the atributte for
httpRuntime->maxRequestLength is 4096 Kb.
Another intersted point is that if I have the exception on client and I
stop the IIS and I try to invoke the method i receive the same error code
insted of connection error or somnthing like this error.
Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem and what setting I need to
change to allow the clients app to inoke this web method with large dataset?

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \) 06-29-2004 07:49 AM

Re: Http error 413->request entity too large

There is a reference in here to this ( very similar ), you may want to check
it out.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...eshooting.mspx

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing