Velocity Reviews

-   -   Forms Authentication (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t765531-forms-authentication.html)

Dotnet beginner 12-11-2003 10:33 PM

Forms Authentication

I have set up forms authentication for my web application.
I have several subdirectories inside a main directory and
I have forms authentication for each of my sub directories.

In the logon page when the user is authenticated, I have

FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(txtLogon id.Text,
False)

And in the web.config files of my subdirectory, I have
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".ASPXAUTH"
loginUrl="../Default.aspx" timeout="20"/>
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

-------------------------

This works absolutely fine without any problems. When I
deployed my entire app to a new server, I started getting
problems. When I click a link to the subdirectory, it
redirects me to a logon page, which means I'm not
authorized.

Does this mean that my Authentication ticket has not been
created or what? I do not understand. The same copy of the
application still works fine in my old server. Do I have
to change any settings in my new server?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sudhir.

12-12-2003 09:29 AM

Forms Authentication

Hi DotNet Beginner
I don't have a solution on your problem but I still want
to answer because it's a problem that no one want to
answer. I have had almost the same problem since this
summer and I've written 3 messages about the problem here
and no answer. I have a good working website with
framework 1.0. When I update to version 1.1 I get the
same problem as you. If i degrade to 1.0 it works again.
The big problem came when I started to use Visual Studio
2003. No I'm unable to work on my projects because I must
have framework ver 1.1.I don't know if you have ver 1.1
on your new server but that can be the problem!

I hope someone read our messages and come to our help.
/Arne