Velocity Reviews

-   -   Authentication methods... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t765503-authentication-methods.html)

Paul M 12-08-2003 03:37 PM

Authentication methods...

Hi,

We're likelly to have both internal and external systems on our servers.
We've only got one IIS server (Charity!).

Is there going to be any problem running both forms and integrated
authentication off the same IIS server??

Thanks in advance....

Dhaval Faria 12-12-2003 04:00 AM

Re: Authentication methods...

in Internal server you will not face any problem with the Windows Integrated
Security, provided all your machines are running Windows which is based on
NT.

and for public, you will face problem, because you will not be having
account of all the users accessing your site on your server, and also it is
not necessary that the user who visits your web site is using Windows as a
Operating System, there can be a visitors using Linux Operating System and
also browser capablities are there, IE 4.0+ supports Windows Integrated
Secuity, so user require to have IE 4.0+

So better to go with Basic Authentication, SSL or Form based Authentication
if publically and internally both the sites are same, and if you are not
having problem with the Windows thing.

--
Dhaval Faria
Founder, Programmer