Velocity Reviews

-   -   "Access is denied" for Excel Application (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t765464-access-is-denied-for-excel-application.html)

Annie 11-27-2003 06:28 AM

"Access is denied" for Excel Application

I have created an Excel object to run an excel report and
download to client side. I use the Excel 9.0 COM object
(Excel 2000) in my project. However, when deployed to
client site (which is using Excel 2003), the workstations
show "Access is denied" when running the excel report.

I've already added rights to the ASPNET user in the
server's component services. What else do I miss? Or is
there any version problem on excel? I suppose it should
be okay running older version code (Excel 2000) by newer
application (Excel 2003).

Teemu Keiski 11-27-2003 09:46 AM

Re: "Access is denied" for Excel Application

So DCOM settings for Excel are set up? Where did you set the ASPNET user
(launching Excel, accessing Excel)?

--
Teemu Keiski