Velocity Reviews

-   -   Newbie authentication request (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t765084-newbie-authentication-request.html)

Mystery 09-28-2003 10:21 AM

Newbie authentication request

I've created a web site using plain old asp (not asp.net). How do I got
about setting it up to require the user to logon using their domain
credentials before they can start to use the app? Any url's to material
would be great. Thx

Ram Sunkara [msft] 09-29-2003 08:08 AM

Re: Newbie authentication request

Open IIS Manager and navigate to your site you wanted to enable "Integrated
Windows Authentication"

1. Bring up site properties dialog box by right clicking the web site.

2. Go to "Directory Security" tab,

3. Bring up "Authentication Methods" dialog box by clicking "Edit" button in
"Anonymous access and Authentication control" group.

4. Make sure Anonymous Access is unchecked and Integrated Windows
Authentication is checked.

Please refer to IIS documentation for further information.

Ram Sunkara [msft] 09-29-2003 08:10 AM

Ram Sunkara [msft] 09-29-2003 08:11 AM

Ram Sunkara[msft] 09-29-2003 08:13 AM