Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help! - ASP.NET cannot 'Temporary ASP NET Files' (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t765031-help-asp-net-cannot-temporary-asp-net-files.html)

Martin Erskine 09-17-2003 07:19 PM

Help! - ASP.NET cannot 'Temporary ASP NET Files'

Guys,

Sorry if this has been covered and for the cross post(ish).

I have tried suggestion I have come across (i.e. Adding myself to the
'Debuggers' group, ASPNET as an Administrator. - no luck yet.

I get the following page when running VS ASP project against my W03 Server:

Server Error in '/ASPTest/testASP' Application.
----

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary
ASP.NET Files\asptest_testasp\621957c9\37393274" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET
Files\asptest_testasp\621957c9\37393274" is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
boxes for the desired access.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed.

I can provide more detail of what i have done and current settings if
someone can help!

Ta Much,

Martin.