Velocity Reviews

-   -   Strange Permissions problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t765029-strange-permissions-problem.html)

Steven Cohn 09-17-2003 05:45 PM

Strange Permissions problem

I have a web program which allows the user to select a file on his local
machine, and then copy it to the Web server. This works fine (using
PostedFile.SaveAs). But when the same program tries to Delete the file,
using file.delete, the server says access denied? Any idea how to fix
this?

Thanks

Harry Simpson 10-02-2003 02:17 PM

Re: Strange Permissions problem

Steven,

I'm having the same problem trying to save the file to the a directory
inside the root of the web app. I can PostedFile.SaveAs
to the root directory of the server all day long like C:\UploadedFiles\ but
if i try to upload from a client to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wepapp\UploadedFiles
i get permission denied. I've openned up every security setting i know off.
What am i missing??

TIA
Harry