Velocity Reviews

-   -   Server Error in '/' Application - Compilation Error - Temporary ASP.NET Files (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t764982-server-error-in-application-compilation-error-temporary-asp-net-files.html)

Tyrel van Niekerk 09-07-2003 07:12 PM

Server Error in '/' Application - Compilation Error - Temporary ASP.NET Files

I have a site that works fine on my local box. I then copy it to my
production server (Win2003) and when I try to access the site I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.
----

Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET
Files\root\a9e59083\3254c4a0\oxtcux7z.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '

I have tried suggestions from various posts on the net to solve this, but no
luck so far. Basically gave the NETWORK_SERVICE, ASP.NET full access to the
temp folder. Then I gave full access to everyone, Then just to all the users
already listed, etc. etc. Does not seem to matter what I set the access
rights to, I always get this error.

Any ideas? Please? :D

Chris Jackson 09-08-2003 01:54 PM

Re: Server Error in '/' Application - Compilation Error - Temporary ASP.NET Files

What authentication mechanism are you using, and are you using
impersonation?

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer
"Tyrel van Niekerk" <tyrel@tyrelweb.com> wrote in message
> I have a site that works fine on my local box. I then copy it to my
> production server (Win2003) and when I try to access the site I get:
>

> Server Error in '/' Application.

> ----
>
> Compilation Error

required

Tyrel van Niekerk 09-08-2003 09:47 PM

Re: Server Error in '/' Application - Compilation Error - Temporary ASP.NET Files

Just default install. Think I should try impersonation, have to find the
machine.config file everyone is talking about. :D

Tyrel van Niekerk 09-08-2003 10:22 PM

Re: Server Error in '/' Application - Compilation Error - Temporary ASP.NET Files

I set impersonation to an admin user on the server, same error. Tried it
with a strong name key in case that had something to do with it, also same
problem. Not sure what else to try. I have to get this site up and running
soon...

Tyrel van Niekerk 09-09-2003 02:55 AM

Re: Server Error in '/' Application - Compilation Error - Temporary ASP.NET Files

Success at last. Had to make sure ASPNET user has full rights to
C:\Windows\Temp folder. Seems that's all it wanted. :D