Velocity Reviews

-   -   Security problem with Managed Code calling Unmanaged Code in a Web Page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t764723-security-problem-with-managed-code-calling-unmanaged-code-in-a-web-page.html)

GAH 07-11-2003 06:27 PM

Security problem with Managed Code calling Unmanaged Code in a Web Page

Hello,

I have a web page which contains an ActiveX control (unmanaged) and a
Windows Forms User Control (managed). Both reside on a web page and are
glued using VBScript. The user control raises events which are handled by
the VBScript. This is generating the error "Error: Request for the
permission of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutural, PubliKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.
Code: 0"

The error is understandable, because managed code needs permission to call
unmanaged code. So I created a new code group with full trust under Machine
level and set the membership to include everything below http://someserver/
caspol -machine -addgroup All_Code -url http://someserver/* FullTrust -n
MyNewCodeGroup

This didn't seem to help. Turning code access security off entirely solved
the problem. But this is obviously not a safe state to leave the machine
in.

caspol -s off

Am I missing some other permissions? Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks!