Velocity Reviews

-   ASP .Net Mobile (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f61-asp-net-mobile.html)
-   -   Works on web, but not cell phone (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t764520-works-on-web-but-not-cell-phone.html)

Joey Martin 09-05-2007 01:51 PM

Works on web, but not cell phone

I am not a .net programmer. I am taking over someone's application and
need assistance.

I have a mobile website created (pages are .aspx) and it works fine
online. When I try to access it from my cell phone, it get a FILE FORMAT
UNKNOWN error. I have also tried it on a couple web-based cell phone
emulators and some work, while others do not. The website is on an
Windows 2003 server running IIS. The main default.aspx file is pulling
in a .master file in case you need to know that. What else should I be
looking for? I looked online and read many articles. I have added
appropriate MIME types.

DEFAULT.ASPX
<%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/MasterPage.master"
autoeventwireup="true" inherits="_Default, App_Web_rg94qc2m" title="test
on mobile" %>

BEGINNING OF MASTER FILE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<%@ master language="C#" autoeventwireup="true" inherits="MasterPage,
App_Web_2my65gpf" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">

<head>

Any ideas??

Mike 09-12-2007 04:30 PM

Re: Works on web, but not cell phone

Is the pages created using Mobile Web form? I ran into this same issue some
time ago and they only away I found around it was to create 2 versions one
using web forms and one using mobile web forms.

ypfbwojqwm 11-23-2007 12:00 AM

Re: Works on web, but not cell phone

Hello! Good Site! Thanks you! gqojarjeqhbs