Velocity Reviews

-   ASP .Net Mobile (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f61-asp-net-mobile.html)
-   -   Connecting from emulator to staging server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t764376-connecting-from-emulator-to-staging-server.html)

francisco.lopez@community.nospam 07-27-2006 08:39 PM

Connecting from emulator to staging server

Hi,
Is it possible to test a mobile web app located in a staging server (http://networkmachine/mobapp/foo.aspx)
from my emulator in my development machine?

My PDA does not have a wireless conn; and, i just have not figured out how
to share the internet connection, of my workstation, with the emulators or
if this is even possible. I can test the app from a regular explorer window
but i would prefer to test the look and feel of the real thing thru emulation.

Any tricks?

Francisco

Walter Wang [MSFT] 07-28-2006 03:24 AM

RE: Connecting from emulator to staging server

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for your post.

If you are using the emulators of Visual Studio 2005, you can refer to
following articles on how to enable and troubleshooting emulators' internet
connectivity:

#Visual Studio 2005 Device Emulator and Internet Connectivity
http://blogs.msdn.com/akhune/archive...16/493329.aspx

#Connectivity Troubleshooting (Devices)

Sincerely,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')