Velocity Reviews

-   -   filtering from multiple dropdownlists (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t763115-filtering-from-multiple-dropdownlists.html)

DevCon7@gmail.com 01-18-2007 09:06 PM

filtering from multiple dropdownlists

I created a datagrid which populates data from sql server. There about
8 columns on the grid I need to be able to filter on. I did setup
several dropdownlists and was sucessfully able to filter based on and
"AND" crietia.

ex. CITY = "SSDF" AND STATE ="OK" AND PHONE = "325-695-9656" AND
.....etc etc ...

This part seems fine, but my users need to be able to filter somtimes
on AND and somtimes on OR, but it seems that I have to specify it one
way or the other.

Is there a way to collect the criteria and and pass it to the
datasource at runtime. or any other suggestions as to how I should go
about doing this.

Thanks

Alvin Bruney [MVP] 01-20-2007 11:50 AM

Re: filtering from multiple dropdownlists

I'm not sure I understand your problem. If the user filters, collect the
filter and rerun the filter mechanism on the data source. Why does that not
work?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney