Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   ASP .Net Datagrid Control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f60-asp-net-datagrid-control.html)
-   -   Get value if invisible (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t762911-get-value-if-invisible.html)

ghostwolf 08-02-2006 09:15 AM

Get value if invisible
 
Hi,

I'm using the asp:gridview control for displaying the data from SQL Server.
Now, I've found that if the column is invisible
"<asp:BoundField DataField="some_id" HeaderText="some_id"
SortExpression="some_id" Visible="false"/>", I cannot get the value from
that column (just get the null string by "GridView1.Rows[1].Cells[0].Text".



Thanks.



Regards,





Eliyahu Goldin 08-02-2006 11:45 AM

Re: Get value if invisible
 
Web controls with Visible=false don't get sent to client. Hide them rather
with css style display:none.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

"ghostwolf" <ylkam@roctec.com.hk> wrote in message
news:ugaj$QhtGHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the asp:gridview control for displaying the data from SQL
> Server. Now, I've found that if the column is invisible
> "<asp:BoundField DataField="some_id" HeaderText="some_id"
> SortExpression="some_id" Visible="false"/>", I cannot get the value from
> that column (just get the null string by
> "GridView1.Rows[1].Cells[0].Text".
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
>




ghostwolf 08-03-2006 07:54 PM

Re: Get value if invisible
 
Thanks, how can I add this property to the particular column?

"Eliyahu Goldin" <removemeegoldin@monarchmed.com> wrote in message
news:ePOxAEitGHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Web controls with Visible=false don't get sent to client. Hide them rather
> with css style display:none.
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer & Consultant
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
>
> "ghostwolf" <ylkam@roctec.com.hk> wrote in message
> news:ugaj$QhtGHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the asp:gridview control for displaying the data from SQL
>> Server. Now, I've found that if the column is invisible
>> "<asp:BoundField DataField="some_id" HeaderText="some_id"
>> SortExpression="some_id" Visible="false"/>", I cannot get the value from
>> that column (just get the null string by
>> "GridView1.Rows[1].Cells[0].Text".
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>
>>
>>

>
>




ghostwolf 08-03-2006 08:03 PM

Re: Get value if invisible
 
especially in a ASP.NET page.

"ghostwolf" <ylkam@roctec.com.hk> wrote in message
news:OPHU%23m3tGHA.5056@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Thanks, how can I add this property to the particular column?
>
> "Eliyahu Goldin" <removemeegoldin@monarchmed.com> wrote in message
> news:ePOxAEitGHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Web controls with Visible=false don't get sent to client. Hide them
>> rather with css style display:none.
>>
>> --
>> Eliyahu Goldin,
>> Software Developer & Consultant
>> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
>>
>> "ghostwolf" <ylkam@roctec.com.hk> wrote in message
>> news:ugaj$QhtGHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using the asp:gridview control for displaying the data from SQL
>>> Server. Now, I've found that if the column is invisible
>>> "<asp:BoundField DataField="some_id" HeaderText="some_id"
>>> SortExpression="some_id" Visible="false"/>", I cannot get the value from
>>> that column (just get the null string by
>>> "GridView1.Rows[1].Cells[0].Text".
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.