Velocity Reviews

-   -   How does a nested datagrid reference parent row in master datagrid? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t762520-how-does-a-nested-datagrid-reference-parent-row-in-master-datagrid.html)

John Dalberg 12-20-2005 05:38 PM

How does a nested datagrid reference parent row in master datagrid?

I have a nested datagrid in each row of a master datagrid. The nested grid
has full functionality of inline edits. How do I reference the datakey
collection of the master datagrid passing the proper collection index?

For example, if someone clicks 'edit' or 'update' link in the child
datagrid of the second row of the master datagrid, I need to be able to
reference the DataKeys collection of the master datagrid passing the index
of 1 which is the second row... all this from the updatecommand event
handler of the child datagrid.

John Dalberg

Elton Wang 12-20-2005 06:45 PM

Re: How does a nested datagrid reference parent row in master datagrid?

You can try

child.NamingContainer and cast it to a datagridrow

HTH