Velocity Reviews

-   -   Looking for a Reliable (and inexpensive) ASP.Net web Hoster (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t76226-looking-for-a-reliable-and-inexpensive-asp-net-web-hoster.html)

Vaughn 04-19-2004 03:29 PM

Looking for a Reliable (and inexpensive) ASP.Net web Hoster

I'm looking for a reliable Web Hoster that has full Dot Net functionality.
I'm basically looking for something that's about $10/month or less, has
ASP.Net support, and has positive feedback and reviews. It should also have
some type of DB support (preferably SQL Server although most charge
additional for it). Since I'm an independent software developer with a
limited budget, in the near future I want to use the site as a way to
display my Dot Net skills to potential clients. In the long run, I plan to
have a a more dynamic site with some e-commerce capabilities.
I was interested in Brinkster.com (one plan offers SQL Server space for
$14.95/mo) but they require that you pay the whole yearly amount in bulk.
The cheapest plan they have ($7/mo that you have to pay in bulk for a year)
only has Access support.
Also, are there any sites (besides webhostmagazine.com) that offer ASP.net
reviews?

Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?U2F0aXNo?= 04-19-2004 05:56 PM

RE: Looking for a Reliable (and inexpensive) ASP.Net web Hoster

check out www.discountasp.net

Dan Brussee 04-19-2004 10:00 PM

Re: Looking for a Reliable (and inexpensive) ASP.Net web Hoster

I have used and suggested to friends and clients the 1planhost
provider (www.1planhost.com). They are based in Virgina and have
proven to be very reliable. I believe they still have their special at
$88 a year paid upfront (sorry, but it IS a good deal). If you have
them register your domain, they will handle the yearly updates for
free, so that's another few bucks less.

=?Utf-8?B?YW5vbnltb3Vz?= 05-02-2004 06:31 PM

RE: Looking for a Reliable (and inexpensive) ASP.Net web Hoster

DiscountAsp.net claimed they're Microsoft Certified Partner but I could not find their name in Microsoft Certified Partner directory under Hosting and California. I could not find out any contact from MSFT to verify this