Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sort a Datagrid with DataRelation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t761520-sort-a-datagrid-with-datarelation.html)

Vsiah 01-19-2005 10:36 PM

Sort a Datagrid with DataRelation

Hello,

I have a main datagrid and a nested datagrid, which is
using a parent/child datarelation. Now I need to sort the
childgrid. I wrote the following code:

Dim viewManager As New DataViewManager(ds)
viewManager.DataViewSettings(1).Sort = ViewState
("SortExpression")
DataGrid1.DataSource = viewManager

But this code gives me the following run-time error:

No default member found for
type 'DataViewManagerListItemTypeDescriptor'.

How can this be? Any suggestion?

Vishakl 01-20-2005 07:06 PM

Sort a Datagrid with DataRelation

Is there anybody who can help me with that?

Alvin Bruney [MVP] 01-20-2005 07:26 PM

Re: Sort a Datagrid with DataRelation

are you working with a typed dataset? what are the constrains on the
datagrid? You will need to provide some code that shows the issue

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

Shameless Author plug