Velocity Reviews

-   -   WebUIValidation.js error (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t76114-webuivalidation-js-error.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFJhc21zc2Vu?= 04-16-2004 10:01 PM

WebUIValidation.js error

I have read all of the questions about the error: Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regis -c'

I have tried to make sence out of the advise but I can't get this thing to work. Since there are so many requests for this soulution perhaps someone could take the extrat time to write a step by step process on how to fix this problem

Thanks in advance

Ron

Jos 04-17-2004 11:03 AM

Re: WebUIValidation.js error

"Ron Rasmssen" <ronr@globalsoftwaresolution.com> wrote in message
> I have read all of the questions about the error: Unable to find script

library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing
this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regis -c'.

> I have tried to make sence out of the advise but I can't get this thing to

work. Since there are so many requests for this soulution perhaps someone
could take the extrat time to write a step by step process on how to fix
this problem.

1) With Windows Explorer, browse to the root folder of your website. This
may be "c:\inetpub\wwwroot" (sometimes this is on d: or e:), it may be a
subfolder, or wherever you chose to put your files.
2) Inside this root folder, create the folder structure shown in the error
message. More precisely, create a folder "aspnet_client", in which you
create another folder "system_web", and finally, create a folder "1_1_4322".
3) Look for the file "WebUIValidation.js". Usually, there's a copy in
"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP.NE TClientFiles" or
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP. NETClientFiles". Copy it
to the folder 1_1_4322 that you last created.

--

Jos