Velocity Reviews

-   -   Namespace does not exist in VS-generated code (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t76064-namespace-does-not-exist-in-vs-generated-code.html)

John Spiegel 04-16-2004 01:03 PM

Namespace does not exist in VS-generated code

Hi all,

I used wsdl.exe to create a proxy class that I'm now trying to access from a
page. When building the project, the using command in the codebehind:

using System.Web.Services.Protocols;

is indicating:

"The type or namespace 'Services' does not exist in the class or namespace
System.Web."

I'm using VS 2003 (7.1.3088) and .NET framework 1.1 (1.1.4322) Could it
somehow be related to an old version of the framework?

TIA,

John

S. Justin Gengo 04-16-2004 01:42 PM

Re: Namespace does not exist in VS-generated code

The System.Web.Services name space is a separate .dll that expands on the
System.Web namespace.

Check your references folder. I suspect it only contains a reference to
System.Web.

If this is the case then you need to add the reference to
System.Web.Services.

The dll you need to add is: System.Web.Services.dll

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

John Spiegel 04-16-2004 03:00 PM

Re: Namespace does not exist in VS-generated code

And given the manual nature of using wsdl.exe and linking it all up, that
makes a lot of sense!

Thanks, again!

- John