Velocity Reviews

-   -   Bind to annotated typed dataset (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t760534-bind-to-annotated-typed-dataset.html)

Sarah Klaum 04-30-2004 05:15 PM

Bind to annotated typed dataset

All,

I haved created a typed dataset and annotated the elements using the
codegen:typedName attribute.

<xs:element name="SOME_FIELD" codegen:typedName="SomeField"
type="xs:decimal" minOccurs="0" />

I would like to bind to my typed dataset and reference the fields via
the annotation with a bound or templated column, like so:

<asp:BoundColumn DataField="SomeField" SortExpression="SomeField"
HeaderText="SomeField"></asp:BoundColumn>

OR

<asp:Templatecolumn SortExpression="SomeField" HeaderText="SomeField">
<ItemTemplate><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,
"SomeField")&></ItemTemplate>
</asp:Templatecolumn>

Is this possible? It only appears to work if the
DataField/SortExpression etc. is set to the element's name (SOME_FIELD)
and not my annotated name.

Thanks in advance!