Velocity Reviews

-   -   cannot disable viewstate on datagrid (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t760471-cannot-disable-viewstate-on-datagrid.html)

Rhodri 04-20-2004 03:44 PM

cannot disable viewstate on datagrid

Hi all

I have a datagrid which can display upto 20,000 records and the
viewstate gets very big. I have tried turning of viewtate using
EnableViewState = false both on the parent page and on the DataGrid
itself, however when i view the generated html source there is still
an enourmous viewstate.

The columns for my grid are being generated dynamically in the code
behind, is this causing the problem?

Rick Spiewak 04-23-2004 11:25 AM

Re: cannot disable viewstate on datagrid

Try turning off the datagrid viewstate in the codebehind at the same time
you create the columns.
news:ede11fa9.0404200744.27f3133a@posting.google.c om...