Velocity Reviews

-   -   DataGrid, 7 columns on 2 rows? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t760401-datagrid-7-columns-on-2-rows.html)

Chris Podmore 04-02-2004 06:26 AM

DataGrid, 7 columns on 2 rows?

Is this possible? I currently have a datagrid showing 7 columns, I would like to show the 6th and 7th columns on the next row. How can I do this?

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT] 04-03-2004 06:01 AM

Re: DataGrid, 7 columns on 2 rows?

Hi Chris,

Based on my understanding, you want to do databinding to your datagrid
control, and wrap some columns to another row.

Actually, datagrid control did not expose such flexibility, but you still
can get what you want through Repeater control, do like this:

<asp:repeater id="Repeater1" runat="server">
<HeaderTemplate>
</HeaderTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
</FooterTemplate>
</asp:repeater>

Please apply my suggestion to see if it works for you.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Chris Podmore 04-05-2004 06:26 AM

Re: DataGrid, 7 columns on 2 rows?

Jeffrey,

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try as soon as I can. I have had to move on to another part of the project for now but when I get a chance I will give your suggestion a try.

Chris.

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT] 04-05-2004 07:14 AM

Re: DataGrid, 7 columns on 2 rows?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, once you have finished trying, please feel free to feedback. Thanks

Chris Podmore 04-08-2004 01:01 PM

Re: DataGrid, 7 columns on 2 rows?

Jeffery

I haven't actually tried your suggestion, sorry. Since my original post I have purchased Infragistics NetAdvantage controls, not originally for their grid for some of their other controls. It's quite easy to implement what I was after using their webGrid control so I have gone for that.

Thanks again
Chris

----- "Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]" wrote: ----

Hi Chris

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, once you have finished trying, please feel free to feedback. Thank

Best regards
Jeffrey Ta
Microsoft Online Partner Suppor
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/securit
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT] 04-09-2004 01:00 AM

Re: DataGrid, 7 columns on 2 rows?

Hi Chris,

I am glad you got what you want. If you need further help, please feel free
to feedback, I will help you. Thanks