Velocity Reviews

-   -   Datagrid and SqlCommandBuilder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t760377-datagrid-and-sqlcommandbuilder.html)

microsoft.private.windows.netserver.setup 03-06-2004 05:00 AM

Datagrid and SqlCommandBuilder

Hello everyone, I hope all is well. I have a problem updating a dataset to
the SQL server database. I creates the dataset from a stored procedure.
This selects the whole table. I bind it to a datagrid and use the Key from
the table, then allow the users to change the records, then create a
SqlCommandBuilder to update the database. The update fails because it is
trying to update a column in the dataset that is a formula in SQL
server(which shouldn't be updated as SQl server handles this). I was
wondering if there is a quick method to remove the column from the
sqlAdaptor update method or in the SqlCommandBuilder? I still need to have
the column in the dataset for the user to view, but just shouldn't update
it. Thanks.