Velocity Reviews

-   -   Property Browser not displaying my Description attribute (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t758909-property-browser-not-displaying-my-description-attribute.html)

Nathan Sokalski 10-29-2007 04:37 PM

Property Browser not displaying my Description attribute

I have added Description attributes to several of my Control's Properties,
but they are not appearing in the Property Browser. Here is the declaration
of my Property:

<System.ComponentModel.Description("ID of the control that determines
whether validation will occur")> _
Public Property ConditionControlID() As String
Get
Return Me.conditionid
End Get
Set(ByVal value As String)
Me.conditionid = value
End Set
End Property

I have recompiled the Control, closed all the files, and even closed Visual
Studio 2005, but the description still does not appear in the Property
Browser. The Description area in the Property Browser is visible, and it has
the property name, but it does not show the description. What am I
forgetting and/or doing wrong? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

Tom Shelton 10-30-2007 01:13 AM

Re: Property Browser not displaying my Description attribute

On Oct 29, 10:37 am, "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokal...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have added Description attributes to several of my Control's Properties,
> but they are not appearing in the Property Browser. Here is the declaration
> of my Property:
>
> <System.ComponentModel.Description("ID of the control that determines
> whether validation will occur")> _
> Public Property ConditionControlID() As String
> Get
> Return Me.conditionid
> End Get
> Set(ByVal value As String)
> Me.conditionid = value
> End Set
> End Property
>
> I have recompiled the Control, closed all the files, and even closed Visual
> Studio 2005, but the description still does not appear in the Property
> Browser. The Description area in the Property Browser is visible, and it has
> the property name, but it does not show the description. What am I
> forgetting and/or doing wrong? Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokal...@hotmail.comhttp://www.nathansokalski.com/

Nathan...

I don't see anything obviously wrong here. I just did a quick test,
and I can't recreate the issue here using VS2005. If I were you, I
would scale this down to the smallest possible control that exhibits
this behavior. Basically comment out all properties/methods etc. that
aren't necessary for this particular property. Then, see if the
problem still exits. Just a thought - are you accessing any
datasources in the constructor?

--
Tom Shelton