Velocity Reviews

-   -   Repeater in Server Control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t758895-repeater-in-server-control.html)

Joe C 10-02-2007 11:18 AM

Repeater in Server Control

Does anyone know how I can use a repeater in a server control? This means I
do not want to have an ascx file. I am particulairly stuck with setting the
ItemTemplate property of the Repeater in the code behind.

thanks,

Joe C
--
www.xcomplica.com

Walter Wang [MSFT] 10-03-2007 06:12 AM

RE: Repeater in Server Control

Hi Joe,

To do this, you will need to first create a new class that implements
ITemplate, in ITemplate.InstantiateIn method, you create other controls
that need to be put in the template and add to the container. Later, you
create an instance of your new class and assign to Repeater.ItemTemplate
property.

Here's MSDN document and example on this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ak(VS.71).aspx

Please feel free to let me know if there's anything unclear. Thanks.

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

Joe C 10-05-2007 06:31 PM

RE: Repeater in Server Control

Thanks Walter,

I'm on vacation right now but will give it a shot when I am back in the
office.

Regards,
Joe
--