Velocity Reviews

-   -   HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowExcept (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t758226-hierarchicaldatasourcecontrol-class-and-system-stackoverflowexcept.html)

Francis Reed 02-28-2006 07:31 PM

HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowExcept

Hi

When running the example code for the FileSystemDataSource which in found in
the HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class documentation, I get a
System.StackOverflowException. Can someone please help me solve this problem?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...cecontrol.aspx

Thank in advance
Francis

DWS 03-02-2006 03:27 PM

RE: HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowExcept

Francis,
I've used that code as starting point for building a custom
hierarchiacaldatasourcecontrol. Can you give the group a little more
information on the error, like which line of code generated the error maybe.

Thanks
DWS

Joey Chömpff 04-03-2006 12:55 PM

RE: HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowEx

LS,

The following must make it but it isn't an elegant way.
I think there is an bug in designer.

FileSystemDataSourceView fsdsv = new FileSystemDataSourceView();
TreeView1.DataSource = fsdsv.Select();
TreeView1.DataBind();

Greetz,

Joey Chömpff

Francis Reed 04-03-2006 01:29 PM

RE: HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowEx

Hi

Yes, I tried that too, and it did work. As you said, the other way of
dropping the controls in the designer doesn't work. I hope they fix it soon.

Cheers
Francis

Joey Chömpff 04-03-2006 01:42 PM

RE: HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowEx

That's strange and you have implemented it in the pageload?