Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is it possible to do this? Server Control Designer help needed...... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t758135-is-it-possible-to-do-this-server-control-designer-help-needed.html)

Ian 01-12-2006 08:40 PM

Is it possible to do this? Server Control Designer help needed......

I have created a server control which relies heavily on an image
generating httpHandler. This in-turn relies on the developer adding a
few lines into the web.config / machine.config.

What I would like is to somehow test whether the config file has this
httpHandler. If not then give the developer some error message to
advise them how to correct it. Ultimately could the control add the
lines to the web.config???

The control designer would be an excellent place to do this, although
its unlikely I will be that lucky.

I did see a menu server control from devMansion which when dropping the
control onto the designer form for the first time automatically
generated folder structure and js code, which I thought was really
cool, but can this be done?

Antonio Bakula 01-17-2006 12:57 PM

Re: Is it possible to do this? Server Control Designer help needed......

On 12 Jan 2006 12:40:11 -0800, Ian wrote:

> I have created a server control which relies heavily on an image
> generating httpHandler. This in-turn relies on the developer adding a
> few lines into the web.config / machine.config.
>
> What I would like is to somehow test whether the config file has this
> httpHandler. If not then give the developer some error message to
> advise them how to correct it. Ultimately could the control add the
> lines to the web.config???
>
> The control designer would be an excellent place to do this, although
> its unlikely I will be that lucky.
>
> I did see a menu server control from devMansion which when dropping the
> control onto the designer form for the first time automatically
> generated folder structure and js code, which I thought was really
> cool, but can this be done?

check this

http://www.antoniob.com/projects/PDesignTimeTools.aspx
http://www.antoniob.com/projects/PStreamImage.aspx