Velocity Reviews

-   -   [wanted] python-ldap for Python 2.3 / Win32 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t755491-wanted-python-ldap-for-python-2-3-win32.html)

Gilles Lenfant 10-25-2011 07:13 AM

[wanted] python-ldap for Python 2.3 / Win32

Hi,

I have spent a couple of hours asking google, browsing Pypi, SF, and of course the official www.python-ldap.org site searching for a python-ldap installer for Python 2.3 on Windows 32 bits. Unsuccessfully :(

As I need to add this to an ooold Plone site, it is not easy to upgrade to a newer Python version. So, please don't tell me to upgrade ;)

Many thanks by advance to the people who will help me. You can send this package via mail to gillesDOTlenfantATgmailDOTcom.

--
Gilles Lenfant

Michael Ströder 10-25-2011 08:36 AM

Re: [wanted] python-ldap for Python 2.3 / Win32

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> I have spent a couple of hours asking google, browsing Pypi, SF, and of
> course the official www.python-ldap.org site searching for a python-ldap
> installer for Python 2.3 on Windows 32 bits. Unsuccessfully :(

In theory even recent python-ldap 2.4.3 should still work with Python 2.3.
before post). Maybe you can convince the maintainer of the Win32 packages there.

Ciao, Michael.

Waldemar Osuch 10-25-2011 09:19 PM

Re: [wanted] python-ldap for Python 2.3 / Win32

I did try to build it using my current setup but it failed with some linking errors.
Oh well.

Google gods were nicer to me. Here is a couple alternative links.
Maybe they will work for you.
http://web.archive.org/web/200811010...ibs.org/mauro/
http://old.zope.org/Members/volkerw/LdapWin32/

Waldemar

Gilles Lenfant 10-25-2011 09:56 PM

Re: [wanted] python-ldap for Python 2.3 / Win32

So many thanks for your valuable help Waldemar, this is exactly what I needed. I have no Windows machine to compile with the source bundle all this, and must install this directly in a production server.

I'll keep these precious links and files in a trunk.

Many thanks again
--
Gilles Lenfant