Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t754781-microsoft-security-essentials-is-spyware-and-so-is-windows-8-a.html)

Skybuck Flying 10-02-2011 11:51 AM

Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

Not only is the product bugged/malfunctioning.

Not only did the product remove chromo.

Not only does it defect innocent files as viruses. (False alarms).

Not only does it take up CPU at one core.

But it also does not defend against probably 50% of real viruses/trojans out
there.

And most of all, it's just spyware.

Microsoft actively spying on you.

And Windows 8 will be even worse.

Especially the Windows 8 BUILD/Developer preview is HUGE spyware.

My conclusion can only be:

Remove the piece of **** (Microsoft Security Essentials) and be very wary of
the feature (Windows 8).

The whole concept of virus scanners running on computers is pretty obsolete
anyway.

Way too many false positives and potential for danger by the virus scanner
itself.

Don't trust a file ? Upload it to an online virus scanner instead...

And only use a virus scanner on your local PC if you have been infected, for
removal.

Lastly:

The risk of Microsoft Security Essential overheating your computer is far
greater.

The risk of it wearing your computer down in other ways is also greater.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying 10-02-2011 11:54 AM

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

And the most frustrating part of all:

It slows down your computer and costs you time.

And finally

I removed it just a couple of days before the chrome **** up...

Strange isn't it ! ;)

I was already noticing it's **** up in the event logs...

Those also get filled up with error messages crap... I reported that too not
so long ago ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Rob 10-03-2011 12:48 PM

On 02/10/2011 12:51, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Not only is the product bugged/malfunctioning.
>
> Not only did the product remove chromo.
>
> Not only does it defect innocent files as viruses. (False alarms).
>
> Not only does it take up CPU at one core.
>
> But it also does not defend against probably 50% of real viruses/trojans out there.
>
> And most of all, it's just spyware.
>
> Microsoft actively spying on you.
>
> And Windows 8 will be even worse.
>
> Especially the Windows 8 BUILD/Developer preview is HUGE spyware.
>
> My conclusion can only be:
>
> Remove the piece of **** (Microsoft Security Essentials) and be very wary of the feature (Windows 8).
>
> The whole concept of virus scanners running on computers is pretty obsolete anyway.
>
> Way too many false positives and potential for danger by the virus scanner itself.
>
> Don't trust a file ? Upload it to an online virus scanner instead...
>
> And only use a virus scanner on your local PC if you have been infected, for removal.
>
> Lastly:
>
> The risk of Microsoft Security Essential overheating your computer is far greater.
>
> The risk of it wearing your computer down in other ways is also greater.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

MSE is the most efficient AV and Anti-malware around now.
I install it on hundreds of PCs, which never come back infected
and they run faster than when they had AVG, Avast etc etc etc
installed.
YOU are the problem on your computer, not MSE.

Skybuck Flying 10-03-2011 04:13 PM

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

Tell it to the chrome users.

Bye,
Skybuck.

XS11E 10-03-2011 04:51 PM

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

"Skybuck Flying" <Windows7IsOK@DreamPC2006.com> wrote:

You have previously demonstrated your lack of knowledge, why not just
go away, troll?

The Usenet Improvement Project:

Skybuck Flying 10-03-2011 10:44 PM

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

Every topic stands by itself, only a fool would not understand that.

Goodbye,
Skybuck.

joevan 10-04-2011 09:40 AM

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

I filtered it out a couple of days ago. No more star**** here.

XS11E 10-04-2011 03:18 PM

joevan <joevanudity@vanudity.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:51:05 -0700, XS11E <xs11eNO@SPAMyahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"Skybuck Flying" <Windows7IsOK@DreamPC2006.com> wrote:
>>
>>You have previously demonstrated your lack of knowledge, why not
>>just go away, troll?

> I filtered it out a couple of days ago. No more star**** here.

Ditto, unfortunately I still see his drivel when someone replies to
him.

The best thing about scoring is you can killfile someone w/o allowing
him/her/it to 'poison' the thread.

The worst thing about scoring is you can killfile someone w/o allowing

Tony Toews 10-07-2011 08:09 PM

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:13:45 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
<Windows7IsOK@DreamPC2006.com> wrote:

>Tell it to the chrome users.

Hmm, didn't Norton recently identify a critical Windows file as a
virus and remove it thus disabling thousands if not millions of PCs?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

joevan 10-07-2011 09:05 PM

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials is spyware and so is Windows 8.

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 15:09:55 -0500, Tony Toews
<ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:13:45 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
><Windows7IsOK@DreamPC2006.com> wrote:
>
>>Tell it to the chrome users.

>Hmm, didn't Norton recently identify a critical Windows file as a
>virus and remove it thus disabling thousands if not millions of PCs?
>
>Tony

Why are you responding to a troll?