Velocity Reviews

-   -   877 ADSL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t754678-877-adsl.html)

Supersleuth 10-06-2011 09:50 PM

877 ADSL

I have just loaded an 877 with 15.1 IOS

c870-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M1.bin

the config is the same as i was using with 12.4

If the is no traffic through the modem for about 10 mins the ATM seems
to go to sleep.

ping atm int a0 0 34 seg give no response

I can issue the " shut" "no shut" command to int ATM0 but this doesnt
help.

Also tried disconnecting the DSL cable waiting 1 minute then plugging
back in

Only way to get the ATM working is to reload the 877

With 12.4 i didnt have this problem, and i had ADSL firmware 4.0.15
loaded (adsl_alc_20190.bin)

Is there something new in 15.1 i am missing to keep it alive
constantly

interface ATM0
description Physical ADSL (ATM) interface
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
!
interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
description Virtuele ADSL sub-interface
ip address dhcp
ip nat outside
ip virtual-reassembly in
atm route-bridged ip
pvc 0/34
encapsulation aal5snap

Supersleuth 10-09-2011 09:59 AM

Re: 877 ADSL

Upadate:

I found the the 877 just randomly hangs a hard reset is need to get
the ADSL working again.

I returned to 12.4(24) and so far it works fine again

Looks like 15.1 needs a lot of working on. I'll wait a few month and
try a newer version and trst that.

If any Cisco firmware guys read this and want more info i'll be only
too happy to help.

fote98cisco@googlemail.com 10-09-2011 03:54 PM

Re: 877 ADSL

Hi,

Interesting ...

Find below cropped output of my 876W. Never had this problem. I'm running it this way for months.

Andre

System image file is "flash:c870-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M.bin"
Cisco 876W (MPC8272) processor (revision 2.0) with 236544K/25600K bytes of memory.
53248K bytes of processor board System flash (Intel Strataflash)

Stephen Worthington 10-10-2011 01:30 PM

Re: 877 ADSL

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 11:59:22 +0200, Supersleuth <np121@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>I have just loaded an 877 with 15.1 IOS
>>
>>c870-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M1.bin
>>
>>the config is the same as i was using with 12.4
>>

>>If the is no traffic through the modem for about 10 mins the ATM seems
>>to go to sleep.
>>
>> ping atm int a0 0 34 seg give no response
>>
>>I can issue the " shut" "no shut" command to int ATM0 but this doesnt
>>help.
>>
>>Also tried disconnecting the DSL cable waiting 1 minute then plugging
>>back in
>>
>>Only way to get the ATM working is to reload the 877
>>
>>With 12.4 i didnt have this problem, and i had ADSL firmware 4.0.15
>>loaded (adsl_alc_20190.bin)
>>
>>Is there something new in 15.1 i am missing to keep it alive
>>constantly
>>

>>interface ATM0
>> description Physical ADSL (ATM) interface
>> no ip address
>> no atm ilmi-keepalive
>>!
>>interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
>> description Virtuele ADSL sub-interface
>> ip address dhcp
>> ip nat outside
>> ip virtual-reassembly in
>> atm route-bridged ip
>> pvc 0/34
>> encapsulation aal5snap

>Upadate:
>
>I found the the 877 just randomly hangs a hard reset is need to get
>the ADSL working again.
>
>I returned to 12.4(24) and so far it works fine again
>

>Looks like 15.1 needs a lot of working on. I'll wait a few month and
>try a newer version and trst that.
>
>If any Cisco firmware guys read this and want more info i'll be only
>too happy to help.

I am using 15.1(2)T1 and 4.0.210 ADSL firmware and it is fine. I do
have maxed out RAM fitted, so maybe 15.1 needs more RAM?