Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco PIX 515 Configuration help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t754619-cisco-pix-515-configuration-help.html)

pfrary 10-04-2011 01:37 PM

Cisco PIX 515 Configuration help

I took over the managing the IT system where I work a while ago. We have a Cisco PIX 515 firewall and up until now I have not had to do anything to it, it has happily sat there doing it's job just fine. As quite a few people now have smarthphones I now find that I need to configure it to allow IMAP email traffic into the site. Unfortunately my cisco knowledge is basic at best and I can't figure out how to allow it, I am able to telnet into the firewall and also get to the Cisco PIX Device Manager.

An example of the issue is when an iphone tries to connect to gmail it gives the message: "The mail server imap.gmail.com" is not responding"