Velocity Reviews

-   -   New news group message markings (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t754362-new-news-group-message-markings.html)

Cameo 09-22-2011 07:05 PM

New news group message markings

I am a new user of Thunderbird (from OE) and I see that some of the new
collapsed news group threads are highlighted by bold titles, others by
underlining. What does that different marking mean? I would prefer all
threads containing new posts to be shown in bold just as in OE.

Ralph Fox 09-23-2011 05:58 AM

Re: New news group message markings

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:05:01 -0700, in message <j5g0nf$sv2$1@dont-email.me>
Cameo wrote:

> I am a new user of Thunderbird (from OE) and I see that some of the new
> collapsed news group threads are highlighted by bold titles, others by
> underlining. What does that different marking mean?

Bold ........ the message you see (the first message in the collapsed thread) is unread.

Underline ... the message you see (the first message in the collapsed thread) is read,
but the thread contains unread messages.

> I would prefer all
> threads containing new posts to be shown in bold just as in OE.

You might want to look into one of the changes in these...
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...?f=28&t=345979
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...?f=39&t=176374
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...?f=30&t=179568

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Cameo 09-23-2011 06:40 AM

On 9/22/2011 10:58 PM, Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:05:01 -0700, in message<j5g0nf$sv2$1@dont-email.me>
> Cameo wrote:
>
>> I am a new user of Thunderbird (from OE) and I see that some of the new
>> collapsed news group threads are highlighted by bold titles, others by
>> underlining. What does that different marking mean?

> Bold ........ the message you see (the first message in the collapsed thread) is unread.
>
> Underline ... the message you see (the first message in the collapsed thread) is read,
> but the thread contains unread messages.

Thanks. I find that distinction an overkill, but that's just me.