Velocity Reviews

-   -   Development for 2003 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t75405-development-for-2003-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?VG9k?= 04-06-2004 11:06 PM

Development for 2003

Hi

Our production IIS and Web Services are running on 2003 boxes. We develop with XP Professional, with the web sites/services running locally. In that IIS made major changes from 2000 to 2003, are there any issues that we need to be aware of? In addition to a web server and web services, we are also making use of MSMQ for messaging

In short, should we consider developing with 2003 rather than XP to ensure that our environment is consistent

Thanks for any and all input

Tod

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP] 04-07-2004 12:40 AM

Re: Development for 2003

Primarily, you have to realize the machine is locked down a lot more. If you
are not doing anything strange security wise, you should not have any
problems. I use Windows Server 2003 for my sites.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!

Kevin Spencer 04-07-2004 12:48 PM

Re: Development for 2003

I use it too, and it's great! Had to do some security tweaking, esp. with
Internet Explorer, but I love this Operating System!

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) [MVP]" <NoSpamMgbworld@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote
in message news:eWTPsjDHEHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

=?Utf-8?B?VG9k?= 04-07-2004 03:31 PM

Re: Development for 2003

Thanks for your input (Gregory and Kevin).