Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t754006-re-si-dusk-or-dawn-is-available-mid-day.html)

PeterN 09-14-2011 03:40 AM

On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
> critique, if you dare.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>
> Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>
> FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
> digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
> think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
> separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
> value) so we'll follow suit.

Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
intended to be sent to the SI.

They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

--
Peter

Bruce 09-14-2011 09:25 AM

Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

>On 2011-09-13 20:40:15 -0700, PeterN <peter.new@nospam.verizon.net> said:
>
>> On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
>>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
>>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
>>> critique, if you dare.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>>>
>>> Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>>
>>> FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
>>> digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
>>> think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
>>> separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
>>> value) so we'll follow suit.

>> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
>> intended to be sent to the SI.
>>
>> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
>> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

>I was thinking that myself.
>There was a WTF moment when I saw those and tried to see how "dusk or
>dawn" was going to fit.

Doesn't that just sum up the SI?

Someone submits three images that are completely unrelated to the
so-called "mandate", and they get accepted!

The SI is *so* bad, it's completely hilarious!

PeterN 09-14-2011 01:08 PM

On 9/14/2011 12:09 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-09-13 20:40:15 -0700, PeterN <peter.new@nospam.verizon.net> said:
>
>> On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
>>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
>>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
>>> critique, if you dare.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>>>
>>> Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>>
>>> FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
>>> digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
>>> think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
>>> separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
>>> value) so we'll follow suit.

>> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
>> intended to be sent to the SI.
>>
>> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
>> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

> I was thinking that myself.
> There was a WTF moment when I saw those and tried to see how "dusk or
> dawn" was going to fit.

They obviously don't. I had been wondering why there was no
acknowledgement from their intended destination, and to be resent. Now
the mystery is solved.

--
Peter

PeterN 09-14-2011 01:13 PM

On 9/14/2011 5:25 AM, Bruce wrote:
> Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
>>> intended to be sent to the SI.
>>>
>>> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
>>> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

>> I was thinking that myself.
>> There was a WTF moment when I saw those and tried to see how "dusk or
>> dawn" was going to fit.

> Doesn't that just sum up the SI?
>
> Someone submits three images that are completely unrelated to the
> so-called "mandate", and they get accepted!
>
> The SI is *so* bad, it's completely hilarious!

What is hilarious is that you make nasty comments about mistakes and
refuse to participate yourself. HEY get this, The SI is nothing more
than a forum for some, who are interested to display their work. If the
submission is not on the theme, so what. Ever;everyubody recognizes it
is such.

--
Peter

otter 09-14-2011 01:50 PM

Re: Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

On Sep 14, 4:25*am, Bruce <docnews2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone submits three images that are completely unrelated to the

so-called "mandate", and they get accepted!
> The SI is *so* bad, it's completely hilarious!

If the SI had pretentions of being a contest with strict rules and
actual prizes, you might have a point. But it doesn't.

What baffles me is why some people feel compelled to belittle the SI,
and yet never post pictures or links to their own portfolios. It just
seems cowardly.

PeterN 09-14-2011 02:26 PM

On 9/14/2011 9:39 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On 9/13/2011 11:40 PM, PeterN wrote:
>> On 9/13/2011 6:40 PM, Bowser wrote:
>>> The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
>>> too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a friendly
>>> critique, if you dare.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>>>
>>> Give the Shoot-In a try! Read all about it here:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>>
>>> FYI: thanks to a request in one of the newsgroups, I've done a little
>>> digging into the feasibility of increasing the max image size, and I
>>> think we're OK to increase it. I'll post the new size limit in a
>>> separate posting. Pbase has adjusted their limits (based on dollar
>>> value) so we'll follow suit.

>> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
>> intended to be sent to the SI.
>>
>> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
>> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.
>>

> Dumped. Shoulda seen that.

Sorry about the bad address.

--
Peter

otter 09-14-2011 02:46 PM

On Sep 14, 9:26*am, PeterN <peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> On 9/14/2011 9:39 AM, Bowser wrote:

> >> Oops. I think I accidentally sent you three images that were not
> >> intended to be sent to the SI.

> >> They are the images labeled c26. I see you got the correct ones too.
> >> It's OK if you leave them up, but they really are OT.

> > Dumped. Shoulda seen that.

> Sorry about the bad address.

I'm not. I liked the pictures, even though they were OT. I
especially liked "The Beak".

PeterN 09-14-2011 06:11 PM

On 9/14/2011 10:46 AM, otter wrote:
> On Sep 14, 9:26 am, PeterN<peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

>>> Dumped. Shoulda seen that.

>> Sorry about the bad address.

> I'm not. I liked the pictures, even though they were OT. I
> especially liked "The Beak".

Thanks. They did reasonably in my CC competition. The soldiers won
digital image of the month. The Beak scored an 8 out of a possible 9 and
the garden did not do well at all.
However I sent them in error and they did not belong. I am selecting for
my website, winch will go live about mid November and The Beak probably
will be there.

--
Peter