Velocity Reviews

-   -   Postback Not detected after showModalDialog is used (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t75377-postback-not-detected-after-showmodaldialog-is-used.html)

MikeB 04-06-2004 05:26 PM

Postback Not detected after showModalDialog is used

This post is not about postbacks opening a new window from a
showModalDialog window.

I am using a modal dialog to populate a textbox in my form. When the
form is submitted the code behind logic runs as if it were not a
postback. Page.IsPostback is set to false even though it clearly is a
postback.

If i manually fill in this textbox and submit the form, it behaves as
expected. If i use a standard popup window and javascript to fill the
textbox and submit the form, it behaves as expected. It is only when
the modal dialog is used to fill the textbox that the postback is not
recognized.

Unfortunately for me, it is required that i use a modal dialog here.

Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have a fix?

xcasalsv 12-30-2011 11:54 AM

Hi Mike,

Could you please tell me how did you solve this problem? Thanks