Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows 7 causes lag in Call of Duty 5 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t753579-windows-7-causes-lag-in-call-of-duty-5-a.html)

Skybuck Flying 09-03-2011 12:21 PM

Windows 7 causes lag in Call of Duty 5

Hello,

Windows 7 causes lag in Call of Duty 5.

It's probably windows 7's virus scanner which is constantly scanning
executables and/or packets.

From a gaming point perspective this sux and is unacceptable.

Perhaps a solution for windows 8 would be to add an API which game
developers can call so that virus scanners are temporarely disabled when
gaming.

Or perhaps another solution can be found.

It especially lags when the host is a windows 7 computer :(

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying 09-03-2011 12:48 PM

Re: Windows 7 causes lag in Call of Duty 5

Ok,

I just played with somebody who claimed to be using windows 7... and there
was no lag...

So maybe it's not windows 7 causing the lag/slow on some systems.

Maybe it's just hardware like maybe amd x2 processors or maybe gfx cards
being too slow.

But could still be something to look into just in case ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Man-wai Chang 09-03-2011 04:24 PM

Re: Windows 7 causes lag in Call of Duty 5

> So maybe it's not windows 7 causing the lag/slow on some systems.
> Maybe it's just hardware like maybe amd x2 processors or maybe gfx cards
> being too slow.

Report your PC's configuation!

Do you have the hardware to run the game in its highest settings? :)

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silent.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!

roj 09-03-2011 07:39 PM

Re: Windows 7 causes lag in Call of Duty 5

KAV was hogging my CPU at up to 100%
for some scans so I tried this:- Process Tamer
It might help?
roj

Skybuck Flying 09-04-2011 10:15 PM

Re: Windows 7 causes lag in Call of Duty 5

One source of the slow down also seems to be when host/server uses
aimbot/cheats or wallhacks.

Not sure if this also causes lag when guests/clients use it.

Bye,
Skybuck.