Velocity Reviews

-   -   Who will replace Satan, now he's headed back to Hell? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t753220-who-will-replace-satan-now-hes-headed-back-to-hell.html)

RichA 08-25-2011 12:05 PM

Who will replace Satan, now he's headed back to Hell?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat...html?hpt=hp_c1

Bruce 08-25-2011 02:13 PM

Re: Who will replace Satan, now he's headed back to Hell?

RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
>http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat...html?hpt=hp_c1

You might call him Satan, but many more people think he is a Messiah,
never more so than when he was resurrected in the 1990s to lead Apple
out of the doldrums to its unprecedented success.

I'm not sure about the Messiah label, but he is about as far away from
Satan as could be.

There's something quite dark about you, though. ;-)

Robert Coe 08-26-2011 01:39 AM

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat...html?hpt=hp_c1

I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.

Bob

Bruce 08-26-2011 10:03 AM

George Kerby <ghost_topper@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 8/25/11 9:13 AM, in article 4vlc57pul4fbcfprvlencc75f8mqnhfojg@4ax.com,
>"Bruce" <docnews2011@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure about the Messiah label, but he is about as far away from
>> Satan as could be.
>> There's something quite dark about you, though. ;-)
>>

>There is something in Rich's water that has reduced his IQ to that of your
>average ground squirrel.

There is probably still a long way to go before he reaches the depths
that you appear to inhabit.

PeterN 08-26-2011 02:13 PM

On 8/25/2011 12:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-08-25 05:05:02 -0700, RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> said:
>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat...html?hpt=hp_c1
>>

> Do
>>

> you have to keep reminding us that you are such a complete ass?
> ...or is it you who needs to keep reminding yourself?

Nobody's perfect

--
Peter

RichA 08-26-2011 02:48 PM

On Aug 25, 10:13*am, Bruce <docnews2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RichA <rander3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat...s.profile/inde...

> You might call him Satan, but many more people think he is a Messiah,
> never more so than when he was resurrected in the 1990s to lead Apple
> out of the doldrums to its unprecedented success. *
>
> I'm not sure about the Messiah label, but he is about as far away from
> Satan as could be. *
>
> There's something quite dark about you, though. ;-)

I loved the media-Apple paid write-ups. All the glowing stories, no
mention of things like the Newton or the LISA or why he was turfed
from Apple in the first place.

RichA 08-26-2011 02:49 PM

On Aug 25, 9:39*pm, Robert Coe <b...@1776.COM> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> :http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat...s.profile/inde...
>
> I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
> will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.
>
> Bob

Oh...ouch...that is so...irrelevant. I don't run a huge company like
your lord does.

RichA 08-26-2011 02:50 PM

On Aug 26, 9:46*am, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/26/11 5:03 AM, in article 6qre57t9tcgo8lmt8mjgjoupue09on9...@4ax.com,
>

> "Bruce" <docnews2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> There is something in Rich's water that has reduced his IQ to that of your
> >> average ground squirrel.

> > There is probably still a long way to go before he reaches the depths
> > that you appear to inhabit.

> Someone ****ed in your Cheerios this morning, Brucie-Boy?

Awww, whatsamatter? Worried that the cabal didn't join in your
chorus? Don't worry, the Soma is still working, there are a lot of
you.

GMAN 08-26-2011 04:20 PM

In article <v1ud57puuprs69agj5okvptpbjgi04jjao@4ax.com>, Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
>:
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat.../index.html?hp
>t=hp_c1
>
>I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
>will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.
>
>Bob

I am pretty sick of people calling Jobs the modern Edison.

Jobs actually believes he invented the MP3 player, the Tablet PC, the
Graphical computer interface etc!!!

PeterN 08-26-2011 05:39 PM

On 8/26/2011 12:20 PM, GMAN wrote:
> In article<v1ud57puuprs69agj5okvptpbjgi04jjao@4ax.com >, Robert Coe<bob@1776.COM> wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA<rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
>> :
>> http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovat.../index.html?hp
>> t=hp_c1
>>
>> I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
>> will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.
>>
>> Bob

> I am pretty sick of people calling Jobs the modern Edison.
>
> Jobs actually believes he invented the MP3 player, the Tablet PC, the
> Graphical computer interface etc!!!

Please show us where such claims were made.

In today's world product development requires more resources than
individuals can supply. Good managers rely on their team to make them
look good. They sift out the bad ideas and develop what they think was
the good ones. Steve Jobs was fairly good at that.

I think Edison also had such a team.
to bring this back to photography, yesterday I was shooting hummingbirds
with a former member of Von Braun's team.

--
Peter