Velocity Reviews

-   The Lounge (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f9-the-lounge.html)
-   -   Bali Bombing (Report) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t753-bali-bombing-report.html)

Flukemanguy 10-03-2005 09:16 AM

Bali Bombing (Report)

Hello, welcome to this....thread!
My name is Luke Johnson, and there has been three bombs go off here in Bali, Indonesia...
I am reporting live from Bali, 35ish hours after the bombing, and it really sucks! I was on the beach when they went off, didn't hear a thing.
When I got back to the hotel, I was devestated, I felt sick, as this happened nearly 3 years to the date of the Bali Bombing of 2002.
One barman me and my mates told, sat down on the ground crying, and didn't talk to us for the rest of the night.
The balinese people will suffer from these attacks, as this will be thier dry season, they won't be able to afford anything, seeing that no tourists will be here.
Although this has happened, people have tried to move on quickly, as there is no point living in your hotel room, it is very sad to see this happen again.
If my friends hadn't came over to our hotel, I would've been at the Mall where the first bomb went off, (thanks for coming guys).
People will probably make a big deal of this, and resist from coming to bali, but if you think about it, there is more chance of being eatin by a shark in Aus/Nz. Or being killed by a coconut, or living in London.
Since I am using a really BS computer (Pentuim I), I think I should go return to life. Before this P.O.S blows up!
Thank You, Good night...
*Runs Away*

RObErT_RaTh 10-03-2005 09:24 AM

Sorry you had to be there mate but I am glad you are alright. It's a horrible thing and I can't understand why people do it :?

XhArD 10-03-2005 10:35 AM

Not good :( Not only do people get hurt/killed by it, but now Bali's entire tourism industry is gone, no doubt. And that's where most of their money comes from :(

Flukemanguy 10-15-2005 09:08 PM

Yes you're correct, but I know I will be going back next year.
Isn't it amazing how much terror the Australian government puts into people? We could only get AU news, and it was so full of ****!
Also its happening all over the world now, look at London, look at New-York, they all have terrorism attacks, yet the goverment only issue general warnings for Bali.....******* ****.
(Excuse the french)